Creating a new email takes only a few steps! Just select a template, add some images, links, and your text, and you'll be ready to send it out.
Want to skip the reading and watch a video instead? Click here!
To create a new email, start on the Messages tab of your account and click on the orange 'Create One' button.
Our super simple system will walk you through setting up your email. The first step is to select a template.
The template gallery is where you can find pre-made designs for your emails. By default you'll see a column of different themes on the left side of the page. You can look under Themes and All to see all the templates available, or click on a specific theme to find the ones that fall into that category. Purpose will sort the templates by what kind of email you're planning to create. Select Basic to sort the templates by layout style: One Column, Two Column or Three Column.
Hover over the templates to make a choice: Preview or select. To preview the template, click the green 'Preview" button to enter the preview window.
All the templates are responsive, so no matter what size screen your email is read on, everything should look good. So your mobile and tablet readers should find reading your email easy, just like those on a desktop computer.
No matter which template you choose, you can customize it and make it your own. If you're happy with the template you're viewing in preview mode, click the green 'Select Template' button on the top right hand side to choose it and get work on your email.
If it's not your final choice, click the 'x' button on the left hand side of the page and head back into the template gallery.
This may look complicated or sound super techy, but it's just the info your readers will see when they first get your email.
Here's a breakdown for each line:
The Subject line is at the very top of the email and should be something interesting and attention grabbing, to make your readers want to open the email. It should also have something to do with the content in your email, that’s a requirement of the CAN-SPAM law.
From Label will usually be your company name; most of your readers will recognize your company name before a person's name.
The From Address is the address your readers will see when your email comes into their inbox. This doesn’t have to be the same as the reply-to email address, but your recipients will see it, so your personal email address may not be what you want to use here.
Reply-To email address is where we’ll send any responses to your email. Your recipients won’t see this one, so be sure to use one that’s monitored in case they have any questions.
Email Name is what you'll see on the Messages page and how you'll find your email once it's been sent out, or if you need to edit before you send it. The name is only for your reference, no one will see it in your email, so use anything that works best for you to remember. You can check the box under it if you want to use the subject line as your email name.
Drag and Drop Editor
Now that you’ve selected the template you want to use, you can add your content. And we've made that a snap! Templates are pre-set with images and text blocks that make sense for your business. But you can easily make changes to fit your needs. How? Just drag and drop! Grab one of the content blocks from the left menu with your mouse and drag to the template on the right. You can now drop the block anywhere you like; it will drop where you see the green bar appear, and if you want to move it again you can.
Once your template is set up how you want it, mouse over the top right corner of a block and you'll see a menu to edit your content blocks.
While you're adding text to your email, our system will automatically check the spelling for you. Be sure you have Spell Check turned on in your browser, and you'll see any errors with a red underline.
- Editing a text block, you'll see the settings menu to the right, where you'll find options to change the font, add bullets, links or images.
- Editing an image block, you'll see the image settings menu to the right and can upload your image and make edits to it as well.
- The Text+Image block gives you both menus depending on which part you're editing.
- Social Share will allow your readers to share your email on their social accounts, bringing you a bigger audience.
- Follow Us - Select from different button shapes and colors for the social networks you have accounts on. Click on the green plus menu and select the social networks you want to add in your email, then add the URL for your page in the box. We'll automatically add the correct icons in the content block, you can then change the alignment with the green buttons at the top.
- Button Builder - Easily add a call to action button in your email. Just drag the button option to your email and then customize what it says, the size and the color.
- Global Settings The menu on the left side of the template has colored squares; 6 built in colors you can use for the background. Or, if you want to match the background to your logo or just your favorite color. To do this, click the box next to Custom Color. There are three options here:
• Select one of the boxes on the left with the color you like.
• Click in the box on the right to find the color you want. You can use the rainbow panel to find the correct color family, then find the shade.
• If you use a specific color for your website, you can add the color code in the box on the bottom right side.
- Image group - Add two images side-by-side to showcase products or services.
- Divider - Add a line between Content Blocks. Select color and thickness of the line and add space above or below it.
After you've edited any of the content blocks, save your changes by clicking the green Save button. You must save your work before you move to another content block to edit.
Once you like how your email looks click the Next button in the bottom right corner and you can select your lists and schedule your email to go!